Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Putting Brick on the Right Side of DH-The End

 Magic Brik is GREAT !!!  Here I am mixing it.  Consistancy is the key.  It needs to be a smige thinner than frosting.  Mix well.  I am (gasp) using one of my Martha Stewart storage containers to mix in-it was just the right size.
I used a small plastic putty knife.  It took a little trail and error to get the knack of putting the Brik mixture on the dollhouse.  Make sure you put LOTS of news paper around, cause little glopes go every where.
 This is pulling off the template.  I put the brick mixture on about 1/3 down the dh side, then pulled about three rows of templates off.  Looked great !!

TA DA ! I am finished.  I am going to let the side dry for about a day or so; and let the brik droplets completely dry before cleaning. up.  Then I am cleaning off the dh table, put the dh back in place, and get started again on the inside of the dh.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Putting Brick on the Right Side of DH

 I had the whole dollhouse table cleaned off and now it is all messey again.  This is the right side I am applying the Magic Brik too.  I am putting blue tape where I don't want the brick goop to go. The next picture is the Kilz going on, when dry, I put grey paint on. I chose grey to look like mortar between the brick.

After the grey is dried, I put blue tape where ever I don't want the brick goop to go.  Around the big hole is where the door goes in.
The brick template comes in a long roll and I cut stripes the length I need.  I pop the little brick in the mesh out with an Exacto knife.
 Here I am appying the next strip.  The bottom row overlaps the top row of the bottom strip.  It must be perfect so the "bricks" are straight.  The last picture is half of the side templated.  I have to patch the upper back edge today and Kilz/paint tomorrow.  Hopefully Sunday I will get the rest of the template on. 

I will have to " brick"  the whole  thing in 5 mins. and remove the template.  In order to prepare for this step, I am going over and over the task in my mind so I will be quick.
Thanks for stopping by,
Kate >^..^<

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Addition Edition

The addition to the dollhouse is two story, two room.  The bottom room is going to be a rooster themed kitchen and the up stairs is a bathroom.  The board to the left is a floor.  The pencil line is where the edge of the board fits into the wall.  The drilled holes are so the Dremel saw blade can turn and cut a straight line.  All of this is to make a space to slide the electric tape up the wall through the floor.
 The next two pictures are of the floors finished being cut out.  Next I have to Kiltz the Addition pieces.  Too many steps-my head hurts.  Hope to post again soon.

Kate >^..^<

Monday, April 9, 2012

Dining Room Ceiling Molding

 I base coated the flowered resin molding with flat paint--should have used two coats--oh well !!

Now I am painting each little flower, pink and blue.  The vines and leaves are a pale green.  It matches the wallpaper perfectly.

This is the finished piece.  I got the glue and could not get the top off (unhappy face).  So I am blogging.  I guess I will work on the wizard room--Yea!!!

Thanks for looking,
Kate >^..^<

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Transformers are Attached

 It has taken forever to get to this place.  I have attached three huge transformers to the dollhouse with heavy duty Velcro.  And the icing on the cake is that ALL of the transformers are working.

I have been a little down prior to the attaching of the transformers--it has been so tedious.  Now I am going to finish the rooms and the addition.  I am taking pictures of everything for insurance purposes.

I was going to put a conservatory on the right side of the dh---then I wasn't---now maybe I will.  I am NOT in the mood for building a conservatory, and it is listed on EBAY.  If it sells--no conservatory.  If it
does not sell, I guess it will be a conservatory. 
Kate >^..^<