Friday, November 4, 2011
This shows the wallpaper flaps cut off. Where the green tap is, is where the wallpaper came unstuck. I glued it to the dormers with Grrrip-love it.
ood glue (the thin Elmers wood glue) to the valleys of the dormer. There are pictures of this............I really made a super dumb mistake-I used the really good wood glue (which I only have a little of and they are not making it any more) and glued the bottom of the dormer front (blue) to the base of the walk-out. When I realized what I had done, I pryed the pieces apart and put release foil between the two piece. Now I just sand the pieces every chance I get to smooth the edges. Egads!!
See the foil!!
And the picture below is of both dormers with bias tape and ready for the valley shingles. The pencil lines are where the shingle tops are suppose to be glued.
To mark the valley shingles I put the shingle in the miter box diagonally and made a saw mark, then cut in the saw mark with an Exacto knife. You know how many to cut because you put shingle lines in pencil and can count the spaces.
Happy Holidays to Everyone,