Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Front is All Together---Yea!!!

This is the finishing of the bay.  I put the base or floor on the  bottom of the bay and mark where the exposed area is so I will know where to put the black paint.
I also marked the top or the ceiling of the bay.
This is the top and bottom on the bay-not painted or glued yet.
The base came in three pieces and this is them being glued together and clamped.

I only primed the areas that were not being glued.
Painting black only where I primed.  I buy the best paint on the market and it still take eternity to dry.
 This is the bay and it's top and bottom all glued in place-HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!

This is the roof screwed in place.  My hubby put a dab of glue on the screw before he screwed it in.  The white triangles are the back of the brick/plaster wallpaper I got from itsy bitsy-they have COOL wallpaper.  I am going to bring the dollhouse (after the glue drys two days) into my library to trim up the wallpaper and put on the shingles.  I am hoping my daughter, Michelle, can come over after the shingles are on and help hook up the transformers (2).  Then the house goes in place permanently and the rooms get their lights and furniture.  Yea-can't wait!
Thanks for reading my blog.
Kate >^..^<

Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Doors Are On

RGT gave excellent instruction on how to  attach the two front doors to the hinges.  I have discovered that to build a no tab dh kit, you reall need some experience in construction.  First you put wide tape under the hinge.
More, under the hinge.

This is the completed "tape-under-the-hinge" step.  Then I put the two doors on top of the dh and reached my hand inside to push the tape, with the hinge sanwiched between the tape and the door, on to the door on each side.  Then we drilled holes and screwed in the screws.  Thank goodness we only put on screw on the top left and two screws on the bottom left, cause the fronts parted at the bottom.


I marked the drill bid with the depth of the front door.

                  This shows the 1/8" separation at the bottom of the left front door.  Hubby took the bottom two left screws out, put a piece of wood glued toothpick in the screw holes, waited 30 mins for the glue to set up -then redrilled and rescrewed the screw.  Then, the top was too tight-I have figured how to fix that. 

Ta Da-the front is on.  It only took three of us.  Now we have to put the roof on and the dormers and the shingles.  Hubby and I are going to bring the dh into the library  to work on the dormers and the shingles.  There is no other empty spaces in our house. Oh, I forgot the bay that covers the big hole in the left front door-that project is next-sorry for the memory lapse-then it is off to the library.  I can not wait to start putting the furniture in the dh and getting my family room clean.
Thanks for reading my blog.  Kate