Monday, June 30, 2014

Putting Flagstone on Addition Foundation

 First I painted the foundation gray, to look like grout.  I think I should have used a darker gray.  Too late now.

I cut the faux stone out of paper mache drink carriers.  I used a 1 inch foam brush.  I put 4 doubs of paint in a large plastic lid: white, raw sienna, burnt umber and the foundation gray.  I mixed up two colors at a time and painted the edge of the faux flagstone, then layed it on plastic and painted the top.  After the stones dry, I sprayed them three times with Patricia Nimocks matte acrylic spray.


Then take one stone at a time and glue it from one corner to the other.  If there is a large space showing, cut one of the stones to fit in the space.  Put paint on the cut edge.  Glue the stones down with Wellbond glue.


5 comments:

CA Verstraete said...

That looks good. But I really like the paint-covered shirt. :)

Mo said...

Oh wow, those stones must have taken a lot of patience. It paid off, though--looks wonderful!

Mtothree said...

Lookin good!

Marisa said...

it's coming along very well, I like doing stone work it's very calming :)

Mininut said...

Kate - your stone looks very real! I love the colors. (From Kendra)